My Top Ten Podcasts
Narrowing down my Top Ten Podcasts was difficult. I think all the podcasts I listen to are amazing but staying true to the title I have chosen 10 that I look the most forward to every week. In no particular order, here are my top ten podcasts:
- Afford Anything: This is probably one of the first podcasts I started listening to and I really do enjoy it. Paula Pant is the host of this podcast and I just love how she explains everything and anything related to money so well. It’s a podcast about learning to spend money wisely and talks about ETFs, real estate investing, etc. It is targeted towards a US audience, however, the underlying theme about the mentality towards spending is what I find motivating. It talks about how you can’t afford everything but you can afford anything and therefore you need to be critical as to what you consider important and worth spending money on. One of my favorite money podcasts and will always remain one of my top ten podcasts!
- The Goal Digger Podcast: This is a fairly new podcast I have started listening to and it’s hosted by Jenna Kutcher. It’s a podcast about business and blogging although the reason I enjoy it so much is because Jenna is just super motivating.I don’t really learn too much in terms of blogging but whenever I listen I get so pumped and excited to pursue my business! I even introduced this podcast to Gursheel since he started his photography business. And since Jenna Kutcher also is a photographer, he also finds it very useful and inspiring!
- AskPat: Pan Flynn is someone who I have been learning a lot from about blogging and growing your own business and the AskPat podcast he has is amazing. He does it every weekday where someone calls in to ask a question about any topic related to business, blogging and marketing. The podcast episode is always quite short (less than 10 minutes). So, it is basically getting one easy tip/trick for your business every day. Also, Pat Flynns’ other podcast, Smart Passive Income, is equally amazing!
- Canadaland Commons: This is one news/politics podcast that I found that is meant for Canadians! It’s really funny because the people that host it seem to hate politics! And it’s literally the only way I know what’s going on with Canadian news/media and politics.
- StartUp Podcast: I think I subscribe to all the podcasts by Gimlet media, but StartUp is probably one of my favorites. It is about what it’s really like to start a business and interviews people who are going through the process right now. In one season they followed/interviewd Dov, the guy who started American Apparel, and it was interesting the level of access they had to Dov and provided his perspective as to what happened with regards to his scandal.
- Under the Influence: I’ve been listening to a lot of new podcasts this month, but this one by Terry O’Reilly is one of my favorites. It’s a podcast about the ad industry and how were make decisions and are influence by words and images. His voice and how he tells the stories really gets you hooked. I got Gursheel hooked as well!
- Revisionist History: Malcolm Gladwell is a Canadian!! How cool is that? Because he is super cool and his podcast is one of my all time favorites! Malcolm also wrote the book Outliers, which I have yet to read. But this podcast is about history and the title of the podcast is perfect. This is the description I found on his website: Revisionist History will go back and reinterpret something from the past: an event, a person, an idea. Something overlooked. Something misunderstood. Also, Malcolm’s voice is so nice to listen to and this just had to make my top ten podcasts list!
- How I Built This: How I Built This is a podcast by NPR where they interview people who started companies and how they went about building their business. It’s really interesting how a lot of the successful companies you probably heard about, like Kate Spade, Zumba, etc. are actually people like you and I, that had a vision, put in the effort, went through hard times and finally saw their vision come to life. I find it super inspiring!
- The Daily: This is a news podcast by the New York Times and it’s perfect. It’s short and sweet and I feel like I am keeping track on what’s going on in the world. I really wish they had something like this for Canadian news! I mean Canadaland Commons is good, but it comes once a week and is usually an hour long.
- Pod Save America: I think this podcast through Crooked Media is just a couple months old and I love it. One of the hosts was the former speech writer for Barack Obama and the guests that come on this podcast are often people who have some sort of connection to the White House or have worked there in the past. The hosts are hilarious and are always updating everyone on what Donald Trump is up to. It’s a really good podcast about American politics and I really have been learning a lot and been keeping up to date as to what’s happening in politics. Highly recommend!
Hope you enjoyed this post and again, this is not a complete list of all the podcasts I listen to (I listen to a LOT), but a list of my top ten podcasts! If you try any of these let me know. Also, please share some of your favorite podcasts as well! I love when people recommend me their favorites!