Easy Puff Pastry Dessert Idea – Tarte Au Soleil
The holidays are soon upon us and I just have three more days of work left before I am off for almost two weeks! I feel like I haven’t had a break from work in a while! The holidays are the perfect time to spend time with family and indulge in some delicious food as I’m sure many of you will have guests coming over. So, today I will share you an amazing and easy puff pastry dessert idea that is just 2 ingredients and so very delicious! It is called a Tarte Au Soleil and I learned about it from one of my favourite YouTubers called Entertaining With Beth! Check out her original recipe and YouTube tutorial here!
This easy puff pastry dessert recipe is just two ingredients: Tenderflake Puff Pastry and a chocolate spread (I used the Reese spread). This recipe can also be completely vegan since Tenderflake Puff Pastry is vegan and you can use a vegan chocolate spread as the filling!
2 sheets puff pastry (one pack of Tenderflake Puff Pastry)
- Take your puff pastry out from the freezer the night before and let it thaw in the fridge overnight
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- Remove the puff pastry from the box and slowly unroll it. The puff pastry will be rolled onto a sheet of parchment paper. Do not get rid of the paper!
- Using a rolling pin (we have this amazing marble one) roll out the puff pastry so that you can use a large plate to cut out a circle
- Do this to both sheets of puff pastry
- Now place your chocolate spread of choice onto the middle of the circle and spread it all around into a thin layer
- Place the second circle of puff pastry on top of the first one
- Use a glass or small measuring cup to create an indentation in the middle of the circle
- Now cut the puff pastry into four quadrants, but make sure to not cut into the circle in the middle!
- Now, cut each quadrant in the middle, and then the middle of those cuts again. You should be left with 4 cuts in each quadrant
- Each piece is called a ray and now twist each ray twice
- Now put the puff pastry into the fridge/freezer to firm up a little bit
- Bake the Tarte au Soleil for 20-25 mins until it is golden brown and puffed up
- Sprinkle on some confectioners/icing sugar and serve immediately while it’s still warm!
Remember the DIY food styling boards we made a couple weeks ago? Well, I finally used them in this blog post. Let me know what you think of the pictures! I have lots to learn!